November 23, 2008

Mommy/Grandmommy & Me Apron Swap (part 1)

The Mommy/Grandmommy & Me Swap has been my favorite swap so far! (Thank You Shawnee for a great swap theme!)

I signed myself up with 2 of the grandkids, 3 yr.old Grandson & 5 yr.old Granddaughter. For this swap you swapped back and forth with the same partner you were assigned. You make for them, they make for you. We were encouraged to e-mail each other about likes, dislikes and any other details you wanted to work out between you.

My assigned partner was my apron friend, Lucy B., who I've been partnered with before in another swap. I was so excited to be matched up with her again! and she has 3 daughters the same age as 3 of my granddaughters! I got to design 4 aprons! YAY! And that meant fabric shopping! YIPPEE!

I went with a Christmas/Candy Cane theme. I really love these fabrics!








I added a little lace for the 3 girls.......






The package needed to include a children's cookbook



and any other little extras you wanted to include.......








Candy cane tea towels





5 ornament craft kits for the kids (she also has 2 boys) and 2 bookmarks for Mom



And finally, a photo of 3 of my granddaughters modeling the aprons and waving hello to Lucy's girls........

My girls were so full of questions: "Who are these aprons for?" "What are their names?" Where do they live?" I only knew that they were ages 11,9,and 6 and they lived in Missouri. So our package was mailed off to the Byrd family Missouri with hopes that they would enjoy their new aprons as much as we did...............

Wait until you see what we got in return!!.....tune in to tomorrow's post for part 2 of the "Mommy/Grandmommy & Me Swap" and you'll see why I so enjoy the creativity generated by these wonderful swaps.....

1 comment:

enithhernandez said...

well your girls are adorable, how cute asking all those questions :) that's a swap!