October 12, 2008

run, Family, run!

I am a non-runner in a running family. Today each member of Daughter's family ran in various races in the Long Beach Marathon.


I went along to help out with the girls......
We left Saturday afternoon and stayed overnight so that we could wake up at much-too-early-o'clock in the freezing cold to be at the course before the sun came up! (and yes, I think all these people are nuts!....MAYBE, if I were being chased by a pack of wild dogs, I could manage some running....maybe!)
(not everyone was pleased to be up so early in the cold)
As I was standing there, watching the sun rise over the crowd of 18,000 people waiting at the starting line, the crowd was dead silent as the National Anthem was played. It was quite a sight to behold and I was suddenly quite overcome with emotion....that was worth getting up so early!!
Son-in-Law ran a half-marathon (13 miles) and bested his previous time by 9 minutes!



Daughter and 13 yr.old ran a 5K (3.1 miles).

Granddaughter beat her Mother's time by 15 minutes! This was her first race and we're all so proud of her!





11 yr.old and 8 yr.old ran a 1 mile fun run and were very pleased with themselves.






I made sure the girls were at the starting line on time while their parents were busy running their own races.


Oldest Granddaughter's best friend and I were the offical family photographers.




The family that runs together, gets hot and sweaty together! All 5 were pleased with their performance.......


Now, go check out Daughter's blog and see her perspective (hurry up Shan and get your posting done!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, we are all "nuts", but we're healthy nuts!