October 5, 2009

It's here! It's here! Finally.....

WOO HOO! I think FALL is really, finally here!!!

It was 49 degrees this morning at 6:30 a.m. while I was driving to work wearing a sweater coat and a scarf with the windshield defroster on full blast!!!!!

I am totally ignoring the fact that right now, 4 hours later at 10:00 a.m., I am in my office wearing a sleeveless shirt, drinking iced coffee, and running the A/C on full blast.....MINOR DETAIL!! I am stopping at the store on my way home this afternoon to get ingredients for SOUP!

HMMMM.....what kind should I make? I've been craving some sort of Potato Soup, but maybe something else.....Chicken Fajita? French Onion? Sausage & Kale? Italian Wedding? Asian Shrimp & Noodle? Roasted Tomato Basil?.....I CAN'T DECIDE!!!....This little taste of cold weather has me all worked up!

....And BREAD! I'm getting out my bread maker, too.....O.K.,that's it....I'm making a list....I'm making soup at least twice a week! Every kind I can think of...with bread to match....cheese bread, honey oat, english muffin loaf, yeasted corn bread, raisin-cinnamon, sourdough.

And CHILI!... I can't forget about Chili and cornbread...I can't wait to fire up the crock-pot with some spicy beans...And BEEF STEW!... with biscuits... I have the worlds best Beef Stew recipe...

WOW! is my stomach growling.......I sure hope this is going to be a long winter. I have new recipes to try and old favorites just waiting to be enjoyed while wearing my favorite sweaters and thick, fuzzy socks....BRING ON THE WINTER!

Get ready family, friends, and co-workers....I'M MAKING SOUP!!!!

2 comments:

Grace and Joy said...

That all sounds really good! What happened to the roasted brussel sprout leaves and laughing cow cheese??!

♥Heather

Megan said...

Man am I lucky I live in the same house! This means I only have to cook once (or twice!) a week!. Bring on winter. =) Im ready for some soup and bread.