June 24, 2009

late to the party

OK....so I know I'm one of the last ones to finally know this but let me put my two cents in....

OH...MY....GOSH!!!.....GREEK YOGURT IS FANTASTIC!!

I've been reading/hearing about it for ages but never really paid any attention. I mean, how much different could it be from Yoplait or whatever?.....well...WOW! If this is real yogurt, then those other ordinary ones should have to change their name to something else!

I've been using the plain, non-fat from Trader Joes:




Put some in a bowl, drizzle with a little honey, add some cut up fresh fruit and a sprinkle of granola or raw oatmeal and VOILA!! The best thing my mouth has tasted in a long time. I'm pretty sure this is what they'll be serving for breakfast in Heaven.....




this is also fabulous: mash some fresh fruit into some Greek Yogurt (bananas are the best), add a drizzle of honey and a pinch of cinnamon and serve on a toasted sprouted wheat english muffin.




If you haven't ever tried it, don't be late to the party like me......please go get some. It can be a little hard to find and of course costs a little more than those others, but it's so totally worth it!!!

And if fat-free/sugar-free is not an issue for you, then I recommend trying the Honey flavor Greek Yogurt....taste this and I promise you you'll hear Angels singing.......

No comments: