September 10, 2008

Soothing Therapy, part 2

Here is some of my "culinary therapy" from the last 5 days. Nothing fancy, just some new recipes I've been wanting to try......

#1 Potato Crescent Rolls: the dough was made in one of my FAVORITE things, my breadmaker.


These were a big hit! Took half the batch to Daughters house and we ate all the rest here. They were incredible hot from the oven with lots of butter, and still delicious the next day split and toasted. This recipe is going in the next edition of the family cookbook for sure....


#2 Cold-pressed Coffee: 1/3 cup of medium grind coffee and 1 1/2 cups water in a jar with a lid. Let steep 12 hours. Strain, then put through a coffee filter.



Keep concentrate in the refrigerator. Poured over ice, this makes really great iced coffee! No bitterness at all because no heat was used. I usually like mine black, but with some sugar-free syrup and non-fat milk it's even better than STARBUCKS! I'm going to keep some of this in the fridge from now on...




#3 Cucumber Pickles: a co-worker brought some of these one day (her Grandfathers recipe) and I've been anxious to make some myself. I used those crunchy baby cukes from COSTCO that don't need peeling. Rice vinegar, sugar, water, and red pepper flakes.




Sweet, tangy, and spicy.......Cold, crisp, and delicious!!! Some of these are going to work in my lunch tomorrow.....

#4 A Luncheon for two long-time friends, their daughters, and a few grandkids:
My friends have been wanting to see Daughters new house, so Daughter and I put together a simple lunch for everyone at her house.....
Raspberry-Chipotle Dip: If your Costco carries this BBQ sauce GO GET SOME RIGHT NOW!! Put a block of cream cheese on a plate, pour this sauce over it, and serve with Wheat Thins. What could be easier?

I'm not kidding, you'll hear angels singing, this stuff is that good!!!! Supposedly this sauce is great on chicken and there's a recipe on the bottle for pork roast, which I keep meaning to try, but I keep using it all up on this appetizer. So quick and easy and everyone loves it! Well, everyone who loves spicy. It does have a kick to it.

Chinese Chicken Salad, Croissants, Iced Tea, Lemonade



Citrus Bundt Cake


It has been a LONG time since all of us were together and it was a perfect way to spend a Wednesday afternoon........



Working on all these projects has been good therapy for me.......I feel so much better!!

No comments: