August 20, 2008

Fall Sassy Apron Swap

I really enjoy all the apron swaps I've been involved in. Its just so much fun to have a secret swap partner and to receive a surprise package in the mail from who knows where. My summer apron arrived from Tasmania, Australia!!

The Fall swap was a little different: we received info about our partner such as favorite color, color dislikes, and whether they would like it holiday themed. Usually we just have their blog address and lurk around their blog for a while, hoping for hints as to what they might like.

This swap was to also include a homemade fall-themed hotpad or potholder and my favorite pie recipe.

My partner loves the color orange and her favorite holiday is Halloween. I hope she really meant that because I made her this reversible apron.......







I really like these two fabrics and am very pleased with the way it turned out. I even shaped the hem to echo the shape of the bats wings.





I embellished a purchased potholder with pie appliques and finally used one of the embroidery stitches on my sewing machine.




The recipes are an Avocado Pie (of course!) and my favorite fall dessert, Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes.

These goodies will be on their way to Illinois tomorrow.......

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT MIGHT BE ARRIVING IN MY MAILBOX VERY SOON!




No comments: