November 11, 2009

Soup du Jour #5

Our weather still isn't really soup-worthy yet, but I had the day off and was determined to make a pot of something....
I've really been craving Chinese Food lately and my favorite is Broccoli Beef, SO... I invented:

BROCCOLI BEEF NOODLE SOUP:
to a pot of beef broth (about 5 cups) add 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 or 2 sliced green onions, a handful of grated carrot, the seasoning packet from a pkg. of Beef Ramen and a 1/2 tsp. sesame oil. Simmer while preparing the beef and broccoli.



Cut a pound of thinly sliced beef into bite sized pieces. (I used meat intended for carne asada). Stir fry quickly in a little oil until browned and slightly carmelized. Add to simmering broth. Add a few Tablespoons of water to frying pan to loosen the browned bits from the pan and then add to soup. Add 1-2 cups broccoli flowerets and the pkg. of ramen noodles, broken up a little, to soup. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring to loosen noodles.



This really hit the spot! I'll definitely be making this again.


Exactly what I was aiming for.... Broccoli Beef AND soup all-in-one!

No comments: