March 29, 2009

remember?

Is there anything better on a lazy Saturday than making a blanket tent?


Remember that? I have such fond memories of crawling inside with my dolls or stuffed animals and playing school or hospital or animal doctor.




Best of all was when my Mother would let me have the tent all to myself (I'm oldest of 4) without younger siblings to bother me and I could curl up with a book for some alone time..... especially if it was a rainy day!! That was just the best thing ever!



Even though I'm 51 years old, when I'm occasionally down in the dumps for no real reason (hormones probably?) I think what I really need is my own blanket tent for a few hours.


I'm pretty sure if I were to make a blanket tent in the corner of the dining room and crawl in there with my pillow and a book, I think my family would think I was slipping off the deep end.

BUT, the next time everyone is gone for a few days and I have the house to myself........

3 comments:

Lory said...

Awww, those pictures make me want to be a kid again. :):):):)

Hugs,
Lory

Kathi D said...

Every creature wants a cozy cave sometimes. That one is sweet!

Yarni Gras! said...

you know, it is fun...the memories you've envoked with this post. My kids still make tents on occassion....not much, but every now and then..