May 18, 2008

ready for more projects

It was a productive weekend in my "sewing studio" (actually the corner of my bedroom, but the dream continues!)




I finished this ruffled apron which I am really pleased with! It's a little edgier than my usual stuff, but I love it! Daughter and D-I-L gave it high praises, too. D-I-L said she would like a skirt like this, so I'll add that to my future project list.


This apron actually completes 2 projects in one:


  1. the Apronista May Project which is ruffles. I just need to post a picture.

  2. The Apronista Swap: theme is rick-rack. This apron will be mailed tomorrow to my swap partner. I hope she likes it as much as I do!

I also completed my apron for the SASSY APRON SUMMER SWAP.





This is one of my all time favorite fabrics. It's covered with cute summer fruits and beverages. I used red pin dots for the ruffled trim and red ribbon on the pocket. I love this one so much I made the same one for Daughter for her birthday (and believe me, she did NOT need another apron!) For this swap I needed to include an embellished kitchen towel of some kind, so I made a second apron from a dishtowel with the same fabric.


(This turned out even better than I had hoped. I will definitely be making more of these!)


Then, because I was on a roll, I made this great bolster pillow for the 11th birthday (next week) of grandaughter #2.


Her bedroom is lime green and aqua and she loves hibiscus flowers (I think these are actually lillies, but close enough!) She's been wanting a bolster and I whipped this up in about 30 minutes. I think she'll be pleased.



Oh, the satisfaction of projects completed and of feeling so pleased with the results....

2 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

Your aprons are just soooo cool! Love them!

Andy said...

Just saw this apron on your swap partners blog and had a hissy fit. LOVE that animal print apron more than I can say. I am BEYOND jealous!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!