September 15, 2009

Kid Food

Some of the Grandkids came over on Saturday for a sleepover. Instead of the usual Tostadas, I thought I'd try out some new food ideas on them.

I saw this idea somewhere on the internet and it sounded very kid-friendly, but I had no idea how BIG these would go over!!
CORN DOG MUFFINS......
To your favorite cornbread recipe, add about 1 cup shredded cheese (we used cheddar) and 2-3 finely chopped hot dogs. Bake in a mini muffin tin and serve with your favorite Corn Dog toppings for dipping.


OH MY GOSH! I cannot tell you how much they LOVED these silly little things! Everyone had their own favorite dipping sauce or created their own......equal parts yellow mustard and honey seemed to be the favorite.




...served with cold glasses of milk and watermelon wedges........."Mimi! This is the best dinner ever!!"
For dessert we had homemade Root Beer Float Popsicles made in my new freezer pop molds:
I gently stirred some melted vanilla ice cream into a can of root beer and it sort of separated itself into yummy layers

Another big hit! Everyone voted for keeping these recipes and having them again very soon.

For breakfast the next morning they happily finished off the rest of the muffins and watermelon.

You know, as miserable as dinnertime can be when serving kids something they don't want to eat, the opposite is so true when you discover a new favorite! Such enthusiasm!

Ok, so it wasn't the healthiest of dinners, but I say let their parents feed them healthy at home....

SCORE!! MORE BROWNIE POINTS FOR MIMI!!

No comments: