August 12, 2009

Proud Mom

My kids continue to amaze me.......



They've all been adults for quite some time now (my baby is turning 29!) and even though I try not to boast (I know how annoying that can be) sometimes I just can't help it!



You know how when they're tiny every little thing they do is just amazing? Then as they get older they'll say something that's just so profound you can't believe that your child just said that? Or in high school or college they'll write something that just blows your socks off and you think "That's MY kid!!" Or they make career/life choices and you think to yourself "Well, thank goodness, I must have done something right!"



Daughter and I did NOT have an easy time during her growing up years. I would often go to bed at night weeping, wondering how on earth we were ever going live through her teenage years and what would become of us and our relationship......



Well.....Daughter is 35 now, and amazingly (to me) we got through those tough times by the time she was 18 (a miracle!) and have been very close ever since. Today I think she would agree that we are best friends. For many years now she has often amazed me with her wisdom in so many situations (I'm sure being a mom to 3 girls of her own has plenty to do with that!) I have often thought (weirdly) that I wish she could have been the Mom first instead of me....I could have learned so much from her. She is a much better Mother than I was........shoot.....she's a much better person than I ever was!


Anyway.....please go over to her blog and read this post........

"That's MY kid!!"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

(wow mom...thanks!)