August 29, 2010

a new favorite....for now

I have never been one of those people who say " I don't want that for dinner, I already had it for lunch!" If it's something I really enjoy I don't mind having it again. In fact, when I come across an item or a dish that is really appealing to me for the time being, I'll make it a lot until I get tired of it and then put the recipe aside for a while.

This is what I've eaten 3 times this week already and I made a new batch this morning:

I tore the recipe out of the latest issue of Martha's EVERY DAY FOOD magazine and decided to just use the basic idea and change it to fit my new healthier style of eating.




Simple, basic ingredients that I already had on hand














bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes until set........



SOOOO DELICIOUS!!!



Martha's version says to serve warm but they are just as good cold! I took them to work in my lunch last week and along with a piece of fruit, it was the perfect healthy lunch!
Martha used corn and parmesan in her version....I'm sure it would be good with any combo of vegetable and cheese.....broccoli and cheddar? salsa and pepperjack? carmelized onions and swiss?
hmmmm......I do have plenty more tomatoes.......

2 comments:

Nate said...

This looks delicious! Totally going to give it a shot- thanks! =)

Doris said...

Holy moly, those look fabulous! Definitely gonna give 'em a try. Thank you for sharing! And healthy, too!! I've hit the jackpot today. :)