1. It's a rainy, cloudy day, perfect for doing nothing much in particular.
2. I have an injured knee that is requiring ice and immobility, thanks to yesterdays BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE. (HA! Can you believe that I actually have a sports injury?!)
3. The Academy Awards and all the hoopla that goes along with it are on all day long!
Years ago, I was part of a group of friends who really took the Academy Awards seriously. We always had a viewing party of some kind. One year we all dressed up in our best "Red Carpet" attire. We would fill out ballots at the start of the evening and I won $200.00 one year for a perfect score! The friend who was always the instigator of all the fun had an uncle in the movie industry who was a member of the Academy. All members receive copies of the Best Picture nominees ahead of time and my friend would bring these to the party. We topped off the evening with a showing of the winning movie. Sadly, this friend passed away several years ago and that was the end of the parties. We tried the next year, but it was just too depressing.
So now I watch the show all alone in my room in front of my sewing machine. The last few years I made myself several kind of appetizers to eat while watching, and since I have no friends or family members that enjoy this watching/eating ritual with me I mostly finished off the goodies by myself (60 lbs. overweight? hmmm...wonder how that could have happened) But this year, thanks the the VALLEY'S BIGGEST LOSER, I'll be having a big healthy salad instead, which doesn't sound like near as much fun!
Hopefully I'll get several of these projects done today while lounging around in my P.J.'s trying to keep ice on the sore knee:
1. 2 flannel baby blankets for my long-distance Friend. His sixth Granddaughter will be born next week.
2. a bunch of Little Girl Aprons for the ETSY shop. I've had several requests lately for these so it seems like the perfect day to stock up on the Etsy inventory.
Well, I'd better finish this post because I see that there's Red Carpet activity starting already at only 11:30 a.m. for a 5:30 show!
I'ts going to be a full Oscar-Show-watching day!