January 20, 2010

Soup du Jour #9

Today is Wednesday, otherwise known at our house as "American Idol Night!!"


Daughter and family will come over for dinner after all homework is done and then we'll all watch AMERICAN IDOL together.




It's been raining for 3 days now, which is HUGE for us down here in Southern CA...
So....what will I be making for dinner?....why, SOUP OF COURSE! It's finally the perfect soup weather.....


Daughter's family loves the soup at Olive Garden, so tonight I'm making Pasta e Fagioli for the first time: (my version uses ground chicken)







Served with Garlic bread and homemade Pesto Dinner Rolls




And for dessert, ice cream and "Brownie Pudding", (which is what you call a new recipe that didn't bake up firm enough to cut into squares but is delicious scooped onto your plate and eaten with a spoon!)



Gotta Go! I think I hear IDOL starting!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

The entire meal looks so delicious!

I wish I could join you guys for American Idol night. I'm sad that I won't be able to watch it this season. You'll have to keep me up to date on what happens!